Sunday 22 January 2012

Meals - Week Three

Here’s a recap of our meals last week, and a great recipe J This one is online so I can link to it instead of typing it out – score!
  • Sunday: Chicken Salad – This was a duplicate of what we had last Monday, so my goal of a new meal every night is done. Over. It lasted for two weeks. But, Zach requested it – so how could I say no? J If your son asks for salad for dinner, don't ask why – just make it and be happy.
  • Monday: Cheese Stuffed Shells (as roll-ups) – I prepped this the night before, so all I had to do was put it in the oven for 30 minutes. But I didn't have 30 minutes. Seriously. Traffic was horrible and it took 1 ½ hours to get home (usually its 45 min). So, the boys had subs. These will be Wednesday’s dinner instead. J
  • Tuesday: Baked Barley Casserole – This was delish. Fantastic. Everyone loved it and said it was a definite make again.  

  • Wednesday: Steak and Farfalle Pasta – this was replaced by Cheese Stuffed Shells (that we were going to have on Monday). So, I’ve moved this to next week instead.
  • Thursday: Sweet and Sour Pork – I picked up a new slow cooker magazine from BHG last weekend, and hopefully it will help with some of the dinner madness. The recipes look good and having dinner ready when we walk in the door should help with the stress.
  • Friday: Turkey Pasta Casserole – again, this was replaced. This time with pizza. I’ll keep trying to make dinner on Friday night, but I don’t seem to be doing very well.

Having kids activities three nights a week makes meal planning a real challenge. We need 30 minute meals – and I want them to be healthy too. I'm re-thinking my plan – having to spend time the night before to prep meals makes for a long night. And it takes time away from my family – and I get precious little time with them.

Mr. E and I have the upcoming meals planned – and the ingredients prepped. So let’s see how week four goes!

Cheers!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment