Thursday 22 March 2012

Scrapbook Shopping with a Friend

A good friend, a scrapbook store and a few hours – what could be better? J

My friend Connie was in town for a business meeting, and she always stops in at Scrapbooker’s Paradise in south Calgary when she’s here. Today, I had the time to meet her and do some shopping of my own.

Connie is a die-hard scrapbooker – a professional one. She’s been a member of Canadian Scrapbooker magazine since it started, and contributes articles and tons of layouts for each issue. I met her just when I was starting out, and we’ve been friends ever since.

Anyway, we had a great time, catching up on kids, work and life while we wandered through the store. I hadn’t been shopping in a long time, so it was fun to see all of the new products and ideas – and to me, even the sale stuff was new and exciting.

So exciting that I had to buy some J 
Inside that green bag is a bunch of fun colours – orange and aqua. Half a dozen matching papers and letter stickers – gorgeous. 
There were some pretty paper flowers on sale too. I thought they’d look good on our wedding pages – that I haven’t started yet. Mr. E and I have been married almost a year so it would be nice to have some scrapbook pages of our wonderful day. 
I can’t wait to use my new stuff – sometimes that’s all it takes to ignite creativity again.

This was a great distraction in the middle of the day – in the middle (almost) of the week. Thanks Connie!

Happy Thursday!

Cheers! Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment