Tuesday 20 March 2012

52 Projects - #7 - A New Chandelier

Isn’t this a great chandelier? J


I love it – but it’s from Ballard Designs that doesn’t ship to Canada – and it’s $400! I’ve seen these lights in blog-land, but I thought I wouldn’t be able to find them up here.

Well, look what I found at HomeSense a few weeks ago!
It's almost the same light - there's no crystal at the bottom, but the size and shape are the same. And the best part? It was $180.  Woohoo! Obviously, it came home with me. J

Here's what our old light looked like - it was too small for the space.
Plus, it faded into the background and was very bland and boring:
Here’s what our eating area looks like now:
A bit closer:
 Compared to the Ballard Designs light, it's pretty close, don't you think?


It’s a bit higher than it should be – but the chain was only 5 feet long and this is an 11 foot high ceiling. It’s about the same height above the table as the old light, and I don’t notice that it should be 6 inches lower – and I doubt anyone else will either. J

Out with the old, and in with the new. 

Another project finished - what a great feeling.

Cheers! Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment