Tuesday 21 February 2012

Meals - Week Seven and Cheddar-Scallop Cakes Recipe

Week Seven and our meal planning is going - okay. I'm not as focused on it this week, and it showed. I forgot to buy the ingredients I wanted for Tuesday's original dinner, so we had to change it at the last minute. This definitely takes time to plan and execute. Mr. E is helping out as much as he can, and the kids are getting involved in helping chop and make the basics (not by choice, but hey - I have to take what I can get)

Sunday: Cheddar Scallop Cakes and other appies – every now and then, I go on a mission to clean out the freezer. Today was one of those days. I found some frozen appetizers from last weekend, and this recipe for Cheddar Scallop Cakes. I had all the ingredients, so we ate these, nachos and the rest of an Oriental Party Pack, while sitting and watching tv. This was a nice relaxed dinner and didn’t take long to make.


Monday: Tuscan Pasta – not going grocery shopping on the weekend can make for some interesting meals on Monday J This meal has no meat, but white kidney beans for protein, and is fast and easy before tae kwon do.

Tuesday: BBQ Pork Chops - Mr. E to the rescue!

Wednesday: Ground Beef Gyros – even though the pitas fell apart, the kids loved being able to eat dinner with their hands J

Thursday: Slow Cooker Pot Roast – a Sunday dinner special on a weeknight! I love my slow cooker and it’s getting used a lot these days.

Friday:  Leftover night. All these great meals made more than enough for seconds, so we cleaned out the fridge.

Saturday:  Pizza. Mr. E and I were on our own for the night, and we put in a full day of house stuff, so we wanted something quick and easy. A frozen pizza loaded up with extra veggies and bacon was just the thing.



As we try more and more new recipes, using a simple ‘like’ or ‘don’t like’ to rate each of them isn’t very effective at keeping track of our make-agains. So, I’ve started asking the kids to rate each meal from 1 to 5. Let’s see how well it works J



Cheers! Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment