Sunday 23 October 2011

Time Flies . . .

It's been three weeks since I posted anything - time truly does seem to disappear in the blink of an eye. I do have the excuse of being out of the country for one of those weeks, so maybe it's not as bad as I think.

International travel sounds so exotic, doesn't it? Exotic definitely didn't define our vacation, but fun, crazy and awesome did. :)


We surprised the kids with a trip to Disneyland - we didn't get the reaction we were hoping for (it wouldn't make a Disney commercial, that's for sure), but once the kids got over the shock, they were very excited.

Everyone had a great time - the weather was mostly good and we only lost one day to a massive rain storm (the first storm of the year, with weather warnings and 2 inches of rain in less than 6 hours). We also did one day at Universal Studios, which was where I got the only picture of me:


And, we didn't get any pictures of Mr. E and I together - nope, not one. Oh well - I know we were both there :)

It was a great week - the kids had a great time - they went on nearly all the roller coasters and most of the other rides. Having all four above the minimum height for all the rides helped a lot (that's 48.5 inches, by the way). The line-ups weren't very bad during the week, so it made for a good vacation. The line-ups on Saturday - those weren't any fun at all. If that's what peak season is like, I couldn't go - it was too busy for me.

So there you have it - what we did for the first week in October, while the kids should have been at school ;) it's fun being the rebel parent once in a while!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment