Monday 28 November 2011

Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding - a definite make again recipe

I love trying new recipes, and I've been cooking and experimenting for a long time - one of these days, I'll share the story of why I started cooking. Anyway, I love it and do some crazy stuff sometimes.

Like trying a brand new recipe when I promised to bring dessert for a party. Yup, I like to live on the edge.

I have a huge stack of recipes ripped out of old magazines, so I decided to start there. And of course, something caught my eye  - Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding. I mean, with a name like that, it has to be good, right?

Right.

It was amazing.


It took a couple of days to make this - I made the banana bread in advance so I wasn't rushing around like a crazy woman on Saturday afternoon. Or a crazier-than-usual woman. The banana bread sat in the fridge for a couple of days and the kids had strict 'do-not-eat-under-pain-of-death' orders. (banana bread doesn't last long in our house - a day or two, tops)

The recipe was fairly straightforward and got rave reviews. The host told me that it was good enough for seventh or eighth helpings and I had requests for the recipe from the other guests.

So, if anyone is looking for a huge ego boost and a relatively easy dessert recipe, here it is:  Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding

Yummy. It's definitely a make again.

Cheers!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment